Hinckley Point Nuclear Power Station

The history of Hinckley Point provided for as per the details below. it draws upon it's past and future with HPC now in full swing. Hinckley Point A Hinkley Point A was one of three Magnox power stations located close to the mouth of the River Severn and the Bristol Channel, the others being Oldbury, and Berkeley. The construction of the power station, which was undertaken by a consortium backed by English Electric, Babcock & Wilcox Ltd and Taylor Woodrow Construction began in 1957. The reactors and the turbines were supplied by English Electric. The design followed the principles established by the Calder Hall nuclear power station, in that it used a reactor core of natural uranium fuel in

Recent Posts
Archive
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Pinterest Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon

Get In Touch

South Esplanade

Burnham On Sea

TA8 1DL  

Tel 01278 792911 / 07563 390046

Email BOSMBSC@outlook.com

Mailing List

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Pinterest Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon

Gigs